The Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sort of Board view do you prefer?

+6
plasticene
jayhawker536
TheConfessor
TheCalvinator24
kusch0
Bob Juch
10 posters

Go down

What sort of Board view do you prefer?

What sort of Board view do you prefer? Vote_lcap29%What sort of Board view do you prefer? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
What sort of Board view do you prefer? Vote_lcap71%What sort of Board view do you prefer? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

What sort of Board view do you prefer? Empty What sort of Board view do you prefer?

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 am

Please vote!

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-22

http://www.juch.org

Back to top Go down

What sort of Board view do you prefer? Empty Re: What sort of Board view do you prefer?

Post by kusch0 Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Ok, I voted for the one big category, but what does that really mean? I do not like having to click on 10 different topics to see recent posts for each topic. I have to do that on the slam page also, correct? Will the one big catergory be some what similar to what we had before like being able to see all the most recent posts regardless of topic, in one big thread? If so, I like that.

kusch0

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Back to top Go down

What sort of Board view do you prefer? Empty Re: What sort of Board view do you prefer?

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:19 pm

kusch0 wrote:Ok, I voted for the one big category, but what does that really mean? I do not like having to click on 10 different topics to see recent posts for each topic. I have to do that on the slam page also, correct? Will the one big category be some what similar to what we had before like being able to see all the most recent posts regardless of topic, in one big thread? If so, I like that.
Nope, that can't be done with this software. Did you read about how to immediately go to the messages you haven't read yet? (See the first topic if not.)
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCalvinator24 Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:31 pm

I just voted and I alrady forgot which option I chose. I thinK I don't mind some segregation, but it seems too severe on here right now.
TheCalvinator24
TheCalvinator24

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-10-02

http://thecalvinator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheConfessor Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:42 pm

I haven't voted. I think there's a third choice. It might make sense to have one main board for almost everything, and then a few separate categories for ongoing specific clearly defined content. Transcripts might be a good candidate for a separate category. Overall, I like the idea of one main board, but where it makes sense, it's worth considering a separate category. The ones that were here earlier mostly just cluttered up the menu and weren't used.
TheConfessor
TheConfessor

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:47 pm

OK, I moved everything into one forum.

I can easily add new ones if necessary.
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

What sort of Board view do you prefer? Empty Voting

Post by jayhawker536 Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:09 pm

Bob, I am brain dead, I can not figure out where to go to vote, lol.

I like all the messages together, saves clicking Embarassed

On second thought, I like Ed's idea, seperate forums for transcripts and FNGD is a good idea.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jayhawker536
jayhawker536

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCalvinator24 Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 pm

TheConfessor wrote:I haven't voted. I think there's a third choice. It might make sense to have one main board for almost everything, and then a few separate categories for ongoing specific clearly defined content. Transcripts might be a good candidate for a separate category. Overall, I like the idea of one main board, but where it makes sense, it's worth considering a separate category. The ones that were here earlier mostly just cluttered up the menu and weren't used.

The Sub-category for Transcripts does seem to be a good idea. That way, they will be easier for people to find later if they want to study for tests.
TheCalvinator24
TheCalvinator24

Number of posts : 28

http://thecalvinator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:14 pm

jayhawker536 wrote:Bob, I am brain dead, I can not figure out where to go to vote, lol.

I like all the messages together, saves clicking Embarassed

On second thought, I like Ed's idea, seperate forums for transcripts and FNGD is a good idea.
OK, anything else? I'll post a new poll.
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by plasticene Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, Bob.

I heartily approve of mushing all the topics together, at least to start out. Once we get comfortable here, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a couple of separate areas, one for games (FNGD, QOD, etc.) and one for transcripts, if there are no strenuous objections. If another Bored Novel emerged, or some other group of threads that logically belong together, an area could be created for that as well.

By the way, what's with the giant chat box on the home page? Would it be possible to move it below the topic list?

Edited to add: I hadn't seen Ed's post when I made mine. Glad to add a vote to his idea!
plasticene
plasticene

Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:47 pm

plasticene wrote:By the way, what's with the giant chat box on the home page? Would it be possible to move it below the topic list?
It's only possible to put it where it is or at the very bottom where it looks terrible. Sad
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 pm

I would also like to see it at the bottom sunny
PlacentiaSoccerMom
PlacentiaSoccerMom

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:30 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I would also like to see it at the bottom sunny
You have to trust me: It looks terrible.

Also, having it at the top make it very apparent when someone is in there.
@
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsFan68 Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:08 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I would also like to see it at the bottom sunny
You have to trust me: It looks terrible.

Also, having it at the top make it very apparent when someone is in there.
@

I trust you, I'm sure it looks terrible. I'd still like to try moving it.

I'm sure that we can find it when we want to chat. Maybe usage will increase when we get used to it, but the last chat showing right now was Thursday. At least, I think it was Thursday. It just shows 10:10.
SportsFan68
SportsFan68

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffacuse Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Whatever most closely resembles what we used to have--in this case...on view of everything. Oh, and I am apparently brain dead as well and can't figure out the voting thing.

Again, Bob, thanks for busting a gut on this.

Buffacuse

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by peacock2121 Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:11 am

Chat thingie at the nottom is beautiful!

I didn't like scrolling down it.

clap
peacock2121
peacock2121

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:02 pm

peacock2121 wrote:Chat thingie at the nottom is beautiful!

clap
You could always have bookmarked just the message view.
https://millionaire.forumotion.com/All-messages-f1/
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peacock2121 Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:06 pm

Now you tell me!

tongue
peacock2121
peacock2121

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by plasticene Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 am

Bob Juch wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Chat thingie at the nottom is beautiful!

clap
You could always have bookmarked just the message view.
https://millionaire.forumotion.com/All-messages-f1/

Yes, it's a 100% improvement. Bookmarking the All-messages view is a fine solution for now, but if we end up splitting off the transcripts, games, etc., I want the home page to have the topics as close to the top as possible.
plasticene
plasticene

Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down