The Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Nation (spoilers)

2 posters

Go down

Kid Nation (spoilers) Empty Kid Nation (spoilers)

Post by MarleysGh0st Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 am

I
s

i
t

a

K
i
d

N
a
t
i
o
n

o
r

n
o
t
?

The heavy-handed editing ot TKNPTB seemed everywhere last night. The kids never stayed up late and partied until the night before the town council is instructed by that prescient book from 1885 to impose a curfew? Greg takes it upon himself to use the drill sergeant wake-up call technique?

And the town meeting seemed way too condensed, in the interest of perfecting the TV drama. A revolution is well and truly under way, when suddenly Queen Taylor breaks down in tears and everybody stops to watch in shock? And then a neat little compromise is immediately worked out ("What will you do differently?") and Queen Taylor displays her best, gleaming, beauty queen smile. Puhleeze!

Off with her head! And the same to any adult PTB that stands in the way of the revolution!
MarleysGh0st
MarleysGh0st

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Back to top Go down

Kid Nation (spoilers) Empty Re: Kid Nation (spoilers)

Post by SportsFan68 Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:12 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I
s

i
t

a

K
i
d

N
a
t
i
o
n

o
r

n
o
t
?

The heavy-handed editing ot TKNPTB seemed everywhere last night. The kids never stayed up late and partied until the night before the town council is instructed by that prescient book from 1885 to impose a curfew? Greg takes it upon himself to use the drill sergeant wake-up call technique?

And the town meeting seemed way too condensed, in the interest of perfecting the TV drama. A revolution is well and truly under way, when suddenly Queen Taylor breaks down in tears and everybody stops to watch in shock? And then a neat little compromise is immediately worked out ("What will you do differently?") and Queen Taylor displays her best, gleaming, beauty queen smile. Puhleeze!

Off with her head! And the same to any adult PTB that stands in the way of the revolution!

The few minutes I watched, "heavy-handed editing" wasn't the word for it. I'd call it "totally scripted."

I had such hopes for the show. Crying or Very sad
SportsFan68
SportsFan68

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleysGh0st Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:58 pm

Here are a couple columns about last night's episode.

First, from Entertaiment Weekly:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20139419,00.html

Then from New York magazine [TinyURLed]:
http://tinyurl.com/yp68ru

This adds some funny, new award categories, including "Kid We Most Want to See Drink Bleach"*

*According to news reports published before the premiere, there was an incident where some kid(s) drank bleach from an unlabelled bottle. Will they air that scene, I wonder?
MarleysGh0st
MarleysGh0st

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down