The Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My head hurts

5 posters

Go down

My head hurts Empty My head hurts

Post by Buffacuse Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:22 pm

As a non-techie and someone who has trouble finding the on switch--all this talk about which bored is better, who is hosting what, bells and whistles and all the rest is totally overwhelming me.

My last post on the topic--I will go wherever we settle if I am welcome. Pretty much had enough of all the talk and debate and I suspect I am not alone. I'm all for wrapping this up now.

Buffacuse

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

My head hurts Empty Re: My head hurts

Post by peacock2121 Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Am I having deja vu?

drunken
peacock2121
peacock2121

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Beebs52 Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:15 pm

I'm with ya. Just tell me where to go.My head hurts Icon_pale
Beebs52
Beebs52

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:18 am

peacock2121 wrote:Am I having deja vu?

drunken
Either that or hot flashes. Twisted Evil
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-22

http://www.juch.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleysGh0st Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 am

Buffacuse wrote:As a non-techie and someone who has trouble finding the on switch--all this talk about which bored is better, who is hosting what, bells and whistles and all the rest is totally overwhelming me.

My last post on the topic--I will go wherever we settle if I am welcome. Pretty much had enough of all the talk and debate and I suspect I am not alone. I'm all for wrapping this up now.

I'm sorry your head hurts, Buff. It has been a stressful and confusing week for the Bored. But those of us who do understand the technical issues are trying to come to the best decision for all of us--one that might find us a new home that can last for years.

And many of the issues aren't technical at all or can be stated so simply that the problem, at least can be understood by anyone. Like...

1. Who owns the site? Will they be here tomorrow, or day after that? The hosts of the MegaBB and Grand Slam message boards (not Ogi, but whoever's site he's linked to for the message board, itself) seem to have completely avoided mentioning who they are or how they happen to pay for the site. Maybe they're the most generous, reliable people in the world. Maybe they're Russian spammers trying to data mine our posts and infect us with viruses. We don't know.

2. Does search work?

3. Do certain browsers work? Are these problems that can be fixed, but the hosts just don't care about fixing?

4. Are we our own board or part of someone else's?

5. Etc.

We're trying to work this out. Have patience for a few more days and the solution may be worth the wait.
MarleysGh0st
MarleysGh0st

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Juch Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Buffacuse wrote:As a non-techie and someone who has trouble finding the on switch--all this talk about which bored is better, who is hosting what, bells and whistles and all the rest is totally overwhelming me.

I'm sorry your head hurts, Buff. It has been a stressful and confusing week for the Bored. But those of us who do understand the technical issues are trying to come to the best decision for all of us--one that might find us a new home that can last for years.

And many of the issues aren't technical at all or can be stated so simply that the problem, at least can be understood by anyone. Like...

1. Who owns the site? Will they be here tomorrow, or day after that? The hosts of the MegaBB and Grand Slam message boards (not Ogi, but whoever's site he's linked to for the message board, itself) seem to have completely avoided mentioning who they are or how they happen to pay for the site. Maybe they're the most generous, reliable people in the world. Maybe they're Russian spammers trying to data mine our posts and infect us with viruses. We don't know.

2. Does search work?

3. Do certain browsers work? Are these problems that can be fixed, but the hosts just don't care about fixing?

4. Are we our own board or part of someone else's?

5. Etc.

We're trying to work this out. Have patience for a few more days and the solution may be worth the wait.
That's why I put up the new poll.
Bob Juch
Bob Juch
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-22

http://www.juch.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down