The Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life and Death in the new TV season

2 posters

Go down

Life and Death in the new TV season Empty Life and Death in the new TV season

Post by themanintheseersuckersuit Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:29 pm

My favorite new shows this season are Life and Pushing Daisies. I hope the writing can keep up.

Zen is a major theme in Life, (Karma is so last season) about a cop sent to prision for 12 years and then exonorated. (note: the firefox spell checker doesn't work here) He is trying to figure out who framed him, with a Lost like mystery.

The lead character in Pushing Daisies is The Pie Maker, who can bring people (and fruit, and dogs and bugs) back to life if he touches them once, two touches and they die. He has a girlfriend Chuck, who was a murder victim. Then there are the dysfunctional retired sychronized swimming aunts who raised Chuck, after The Pie Maker killed Charlie's father. The show has a great visual look.
themanintheseersuckersuit
themanintheseersuckersuit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-07

Back to top Go down

Life and Death in the new TV season Empty Re: Life and Death in the new TV season

Post by KillerTomato Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm

If you like "Pushing Daisies" (and I do, but it's tough to tell after just one episode), be sure to check out an even funnier, better show: "Reaper", on the CW, Tuesdays at 9 PM.

The basic premise is that Sam, the protagonist, finds out on his 21st birthday that his parents, before he was born, sold his soul to the Devil (played perfectly by "Twin Peaks" costar Ray Wise). Sam (with help from buds Sock and Ben) now has to act as the Devil's bounty hunter, returning escaped souls back to hell.

Kevin ("Dogma" and "Chasing Amy") Smith directed the first episode, and I gotta say, it made me ROFL, several times. The second ep wasn't quite as good (I'd give it an 8 to the first ep's 10), but was very, very, very funny.

Since the demise of my one of my all-time favorite shows, "Arrested Development" and the short seasonation of "Entourage" (although it was nice of HBO to give us seasons 3 and 4 back to back!), "Reaper" has become my latest "must-see" show. Yeah, I know, "The Office" is great, but this is so much better, funnier and more original than about 99% of the dreck on TV, and it deserves promotion (since it's on the otherwise worthless CW).
KillerTomato
KillerTomato

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum