The Bored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interim New Bored Survey Results

+2
Bob78164
eyégor
6 posters

Go down

Interim New Bored Survey Results Empty Interim New Bored Survey Results

Post by eyégor Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:48 pm

1 Grandslam Potato Bored 48%
2 Juchian Mega BB Bored 36%
3 Bob's Well Numbered Foolish Bored 12%
4 Others 4%

eyégor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Back to top Go down

Interim New Bored Survey Results Empty Re: Interim New Bored Survey Results

Post by Bob78164 Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Whither thou goest, I will go.

At least, assuming that I can. This board would be problematic for me, because I can't post here from home. It appears to be a problem interacting with Safari, but I'm not all that interested in learning a new browser simply for a single board. --Bob

Bob78164

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by eyégor Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:01 pm

It would appear that, despite the lobbying on all sides, those of us who have a preference seem to prefer a phpbb bored by more than 6 to 1.

Until the recent discussion regarding the parent company of Bob Juch's bored, I had not realized that we are actually talking about 2 boreds that are basically the same and 3 other less popular formats.

This boils down to - do we want to be attached to another gameshow bored, as one BB expressed it , squat on their site, or do we want to be fully independent out on the web?

I urge everyone to focus on this point. As Marley mentioned to me, we are losing our critical mass.

Survey closes Tuesday October 9 at 4pm EDT

eyégor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Back to top Go down

Interim New Bored Survey Results Empty Say what?

Post by tanstaafl2 Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:11 pm

So is this a phpbb? It is somewhat similar to the Grand Slam bored.

And which one is the "indy" bored?

And what the heck does phpbb mean?

eyégor wrote:It would appear that, despite the lobbying on all sides, those of us who have a preference seem to prefer a phpbb bored by more than 6 to 1.

Until the recent discussion regarding the parent company of Bob Juch's bored, I had not realized that we are actually talking about 2 boreds that are basically the same and 3 other less popular formats.

This boils down to - do we want to be attached to another gameshow bored, as one BB expressed it , squat on their site, or do we want to be fully independent out on the web?

I urge everyone to focus on this point. As Marley mentioned to me, we are losing our critical mass.

tanstaafl2
tanstaafl2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleysGh0st Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:21 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:And what the heck does phpbb mean?

phpBB is an abbreviation of PHP Bulletin Board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phpbb

PHP is a programming language "recursively named" for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

The "recursive naming" is geek humor. Wink
MarleysGh0st
MarleysGh0st

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tanstaafl2 Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:22 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
tanstaafl2 wrote:And what the heck does phpbb mean?

phpBB is an abbreviation of PHP Bulletin Board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phpbb

PHP is "recursively named" for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

The "recursive naming" is geek humor. Wink

Ah, yes. I stumbled across that in one of the other threads. Probably shouldn't have asked because now my head hurts...
Shocked
tanstaafl2
tanstaafl2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleysGh0st Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:31 pm

eyégor wrote: It would appear that, despite the lobbying on all sides, those of us who have a preference seem to prefer a phpbb bored by more than 6 to 1.

Since both leaders are running phpBB (and both being hosted by mystery sites), that means each can do whatever the other can--it's just a matter of tweaking some of options (e.g. the question of whether this board should have multiple topical folders or one big general one (perhaps with one or two special use ones).

So it comes down to branding. With appreciation to all of the BBs who have been so generous in trying to provide us with a new home, I prefer our own identification on this board, that clearly says who we are: "The Bored - Social networking for fans of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' and other game shows.' Who else are we, if not that?

Better our own forum than a "refugee" folder on another game show's forum, even if we'd still visit that to discuss Grand Slam, just as we visit the Jeopardy! board when discussing that show.

That's my opinion.
MarleysGh0st
MarleysGh0st

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritterskoop Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 am

Bob78164 wrote:Whither thou goest, I will go.

At least, assuming that I can. This board would be problematic for me, because I can't post here from home. It appears to be a problem interacting with Safari, but I'm not all that interested in learning a new browser simply for a single board. --Bob

There is nothing to learn with Firefox. Download it and use it, same as you use Safari. It has multiple tabs, which is handy once you get used to them. Or you can open a new window if you prefer.
Ritterskoop
Ritterskoop

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostjmf Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Oh my word. Ritterskoop has chosen PrettyKitty in their diff pose (& I can say "their" with impunity here, unless someone would prefer "its", because we canna see the business end of PrettyKitty [my name; its not given either] in the Avatar choice-set). What can this mean ?
ghostjmf
ghostjmf

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum